Beard wax isn’t a complicated product to use but as with anything else you put on your face, there are certain Do-s and Don’t-s that need to be kept in mind.
Take a look at what you need to do before you apply the beard wax:
- Wash your beard or mustache with shampoo. Make sure that your beard is clean.
- Towel-dry your beard before applying the wax.
- Comb your beard before using the wax.
Now that your beard is prepped:
- Soften the wax in the can so that you can use it on your beard: hold the wax over boiling water for a few seconds.
- Run some hot tap water over the tin to further soften the wax. Alternatively, you can blow a hair drier over the can for a while.
- Using just one finger, retrieve some of the softened wax. Rub the wax between your finger and your thumb to further soften it up.
Now let’s go over the main part of the process – applying the wax:
- Apply the wax on your beard by starting from the sides of your beard. Work your way toward the rest of your beard slowly and methodically.
- Use a comb to set the wax evenly in your beard.
- Use small amounts of wax at a time to make sure that it’s evenly distributed.
- Use the comb to not only set the wax in but to shape your beard.
- Give the wax a few minutes to dry and set in.
And that should be it! If you’ve followed every step carefully and to the letter, you should have achieved a perfect and stylish look for your beard or mustache.